Pelo Bueno #4
Print Dimensions: 5 x 7", 8 x 10", or 16 x 20".
This limited series is titled “Pelo Bueno, Pelo Malo (Good Hair, Bad Hair). I have been working on the development of this series since 2014. It explores the misconception of Black hair when considered “malo” or “bad”. I grew up hearing such words in my Dominican culture and wanted to create stimulating visuals that would elevate Black hair and redefine these negative narratives. I also wanted to create images that would crossover between Black-American and Afro-Latinx culture in a way that would reflect its ties to one another, a sense of pride in shared roots.
Simple lines, bold colors, and juxtaposed elements fill up the space creating a sense of tension within two ideas. What is good hair? What is bad hair?
Limited Series: A limited number of prints will be produced for each print.
* Frame not included.
* Giclée Print.
* Printed on a heavyweight, enhanced matte finish 192 gsm, 10.3 mil paper.
* Quality-checked before being shipped from our studio.
* Crisp white border for framing.
* Subtly signed by Alina Puente with archival ink
* 5x7” and 8x10" prints ship flat in a rigid mailer, protected by a back board and a clear sleeve.
* 16 x 20" prints ship rolled in a mailing tube, enveloped by an additional layer of padded paper for extra protection
Larger sizes and borderless printing are available upon request. Please contact us with your inquiry.